I've got to write down some goals, I mean, OK...I did write them down in the notebook I keep under my bed where I write a lot of things that I never read again...but I have to put them somewhere I feel I will be more accountable for them. And what better place than the internet?! :) ha ha
I have decided that I need to be healthier this year than I have been in the past. Even though I don't have MY OWN kids I do have many kids in my life that need me in theirs too. So, I need to make sure I can be healthy and be around for a long time for them. This includes physical, mental and spiritual health all three of which I have been lacking in for awhile now.
Here are some of my goals this month (we're starting with a month cause that's more achievable (IMO) than a whole year at once.) and I can do an update here every month which gets me blogging at least that often.
-Limit of 1 soda per day
-Drink more water (at least 80 oz per day)
-Portion control, follow serving size guidelines
-Eat out no more than twice/week (in the past it's sometimes everyday)
-Start tracking calories (I am using myfitnesspal)
-Workout! (at least 3 times per week)
-Sleep! (at least 8 hours every night) *even if I have to hide my remotes ;)
-No more 'bored' snacking
-Meditation and Prayer
-Chakra cleanse and grounding
-Read more books of all types
-Spend some time outdoors in the SUN! (if we're lucky enough to have it!)
So, there we go.. most of them are nutrition and health goals, but I think if I get my body feeling better, spirit and mind will be easier to pull into balance. I'd love encouragement and tips/hints if you have them.
Hey! Woohoo, I found your blog again! We really should start up walking or TurboJam like before. I need to get moving again!
ReplyDeleteyay! I agree, we need to get moving, especially for summer. :)
ReplyDelete