It's been a couple weeks since my sister left Utah and I've been filling my time with none other than Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman. Lots and lots of Dr. Quinn... I've always loved this show, something comes up where the towns folk don't agree with Dr. Mike, they do something silly, Dr. Mike gives them a speech and they all (except maybe Hank the Saloon owner) change to her way of thinking. Although it's cheesy, I just can't help but love it! Hank and Sully make it worth the watch as well. ;) So, anyway, watching this has got me thinking about some of the life lessons I've learned (most of which come from Jalaire).
1. Sometimes people lie
2. Sometimes you've got to call a person jackass
3. When you go to the dentist take ibuprofen before and after
4. When going to a balloon launch, you don't have to be there til 6:45
5. You don't have to be drunk to be funny
Some are more simple than others, and this is not even a quarter of the things Jalaire has taught me but they are ones that stick. I love my sister and really enjoyed her visit. It was a month of eating out and staying up late to chat, family history, sister talks, laughing and having a good time. We went to brunch one of the Sunday's and went to Temple Square. The Beehive House, which I love because of her, was terrible tour wise, although I was glad she was there to whisper the secular history to me.
I love my sister and miss her terribly, but I am so proud of her for following her dreams and setting out on her own. I am already looking forward to when she comes to visit again, or when I can venture to Prague (or where ever in the world she might be) to visit her. Jalaire, thanks for the lessons taught, the great example, the love and compassion, and being my sister! I don't know what I'd do without you!!**
**this sentence also applies to LaNae and Jodi, but I see you a lot more than I get to see Jalaire, so she gets special treatment in this case :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment