Monday, January 25, 2016

Dolphin Encounter Anyone?

Our last stop on this years cruise was Roatan, Mahogony Bay, Honduras.  It was so gorgeous there and I got a second stamp in my passport!  We decided to do a Dolphin Encounter at the Anthony's Key Resort which also houses the RIMS - Roatan Institute for Marine Science.

We learned all about the dolphins - anatomy, how babies feed, how to best interact with them.  It really was a learning excursion combined with fun.  I feel like all of our stops were that way and with Jalaire they often are on purpose...Just because you're on vacation doesn't mean it can't be educational!

AKR_0839
MY FAVORITE FROM THE WHOLE TRIP!


AKR_0821
Them dolphins are heavier than they look


022_04a
doing some tricks


022_04a
and flips


010_16a
all for fish


007_19a
Okay, one more!



1 comment:

  1. Every day is a school day! (That's my semi-serious motto!)

    Also, the pictures of you and the dolphins turned out awesome. I look like I'm super grumpy for most of them. I was having an awesome time, why couldn't I be bothered to smile? (Probably because of the giant hole in my foot, but still!)

    ReplyDelete